Monday, March 19, 2012
Soon, will be leaving Mumbai and starting my career as a Probationary Officer..
Spent two years in the city and now am feeling nostalgic leaving it. Being a born and brought up Delhiite (although stayed in a Bengali area) have really enjoyed pursuing my Masters in Management from Mumbai University and staying in Mumbai for these 2 years.
Now that am about to leave, will cherish these things about Mumbai:
- No matter how late you get at office or a party - u can always count on the Mumbai locals to be running and get you back home
- Sunday evenings at Bandstand and Linking Road Market at Bandra with a cosmopolitan crowd
- folding up jeans and wading in the knee deep water during the monsoons
- Sunset at Marine Drive and Priyadarshni park where can walk and catch beautiful glimpses of dusk
- Ferry rides from Gateway of India
- Long journeys in Mumbai locals - where can sleep, listen to music, purchase various stuff or just look out
- 5 different types of Pav Bhaji
- Going to Shivaji Park early morning - can see youngsters jogging, old people reading Marathi newspaper and catching up
- College trips to Khandala, Lonavla and bringing back fudge and chikki
- Pushing in crowded Crawford market to get stuff at wholesale rates
Was one of the greatest experiences of my life and hope to keep coming back..
Thank you Mumbai for the best 2 years of my life..